Dr. Mohan Raj Sharma, MS
Professor of Neurosurgery
Education and Training
- MBBS- Institute of Medicine, TU
- MS –Institute of Medicine, TU
- Post master clinical fellowship in Neurosurgery, University of Washington, Seattle, US
Professor and Head
- Department of Neurosurgery, Tribhuvan University Teaching Hospital Kathmandu , Nepal
- Nepalese Society of Neurosurgeons
- Founder Editor-in-chief (2004-2015): Nepal Journal of Neuroscience
- Executive Editor: Journal of Institute of Medicine Nepal (2019~)
- Editor: Journal of Neuroscience in Rural Practice (India) (2012~)
- >80 articles in peer reviewed journals, 5 review articles
- 5 book chapters ( Notable- Youmans and Winn: Neurological Surgery, Ellenbogen et al: Principles of Neurosurgery)
- Developed national guidelines for head and spinal injury (2015) , approved and implemented by Nepal government.
- Supervised 20 postgraduate students and 5 MCh residents in their theses.
- Actively involved in teaching learning activities of undergraduate to MCh/PhD level students for last 21 years.
- Cerebrovascular surgery, education and training, research, advocacy for equity of surgical care